25 September, 2009

Fuel line replacement is done!

I finished the fuel line replacement last night.  It went quite well.  After I removed the old line, I pulled out the pickup tube that enters the bottom of the tank.  This tube was supposed to have a strainer screen on it.  Mine does not.  I am sure it has gone missing somewhere along the forty year journey.  I guess I am not to concerned about that.  As long as I keep a good fuel filter in line and change it often, I think it will be fine.  In fact it may even be better.  I can change the fuel filter from under the hood without having to jack up the car and drain out all the fuel!  Before I reinstalled the pick up tube, I poured about a liter of fuel through the filler neck to "clean out" the tank a bit.  A small amount of "crap" was washed out with it.  That has to be a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment