24 September, 2009

A bit of body work

When I got the bus, the bumper at the rear drivers side looked as if it had bumped into something and it was pushed into the body. It had broken the tail light. I hooked up a chain to the top and bottom of the bumper and hooked it around the pull hook on my truck. I chocked the wheels and backed up a few times until I liked the look. I ended up using the truck to apply some pressure to the bumper while I pounded down a couple of the high spots at the edges of the bumper. I removed the pressure and retightened the mounting bolts. I crawled under the back corner and spent an hour or so tapping, pounding, bumping and otherwise finessing the corner of the body into shape. Have a look at the pics. I am pretty happy with the result. I think that this will not need very much filler to make it look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment