04 January, 2010

Front Seats

After doing some serious looking into the structure of the front seats, I have decided to give up on the OG seats and replace them with a set I bought on Craigslist that came from a 1994 Dodge Shadow.  They were in great shape and I got them for $40 for the pair.  The headrests come off so they look alot like the originals. 





 
I discovered there were many broken springs in the OG seats and I did not want to pay the $75-$100 just for the springs.  I would still meed to spend $200+ for the recovering.  Not good.  I will keep the OG seats for the next owner to restore I guess.  Just doesn't seem to make sense to me.
It took a bit of fiddling around to get them to fit.  I started with the passenger seat (that one was the worst).  I cut the original mounting brackets off the seat sliders and then I made up some steel mounts to adapt to the bus seat mount steel.  The passenger side went pretty well.  Drivers side next.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment