26 September, 2012

Symbolism Over Substance?

A quick update on the electronic ignition upgrade.  After the upgrade, I noticed the bus starts almost instantly, very little cranking, it just fires right up.  However, I also noticed one additional "Feature".  When I installed the ignition, I also installed a new cap, rotor, plugs and wires.  Well, the wires were a 7mm, nice pretty new set of blue "hot rod" looking wires.  It took me about a day to figure out what that whine/click was in my stereo; it turned out to be the new wires.  I pulled them out and replaced them with my original (two year old) set of Bosch wires (black) and the noise was gone.  I guess the allure of the pretty blue wires was just too much for me and I bought them on a whim.  Oh well, lesson learned.  Symbolism over substance?  It wasn't worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment