28 July, 2010

Body work and paint

Things are progressing nicely with the body and paint work. Cant you tell by the pics?  I apologize for not having updated pics, however, I sold my old digital camera, ordered a new one and it's not here yet!  I will be sure to add them soon.  I now have the wheels, bumpers, front emblem, and the top of the bus painted white, I chose a white that was slightly off.  It was from a 2010 Chevy Impala.  It still looked a bit bright to me, so I mixed in a bit of the Pearl white I used for the interior.  This color works great with the interior color, very close.  The paint came out with a few specs of dust, but it's pretty good for having done it in my garage.  Nothing a bit of sanding with very fine paper and a quick buffing wont fix. 
I had the tires flipped on the rims yesterday as well.  I flipped them so the white-walls are showing.  If I am not going to put custom wheels on the bus, at least the stock wheel/cap design will have a bit of extra sparkle I guess.  I will try that for a while and see if I like it.

One thing I did discover is that it's getting difficult to find a tire store around here that has the ability to balance the old VW large-5 bolt pattern wheels.  The adapter is getting scarce.  The wheels did not have wheel weights on them when I got the bus, so maybe it will be OK now.  Apparently the previous owner ran into the same difficulty finding a tire store that could balance them.

No comments:

Post a Comment