06 October, 2009

An evening in the garage with a cool drink.

I went out to the garage last night poured myself a little drink and sat on my stool looking at the bus, I decided to take out the bolts that held on the rear apron to see what was under there.  They came right out and I could now crawl right into the engine compartment.  Pretty cool, I refreshed my drink and sat back down.  There was a wire dangling off it's clip.  I couldn't help myself, It had to be removed for the engine to come out anyway.  While I am under here, I should just label and disconnect the rest of the wires to the engine.  I sat back down, have another sip.  The pliers were laying next to the stool so I clamped the fuel line and disconnected it and the throttle cable (You know where this is going!)....


The next thing I knew it was an hour later and the enigne was sitting on the jack, the engine compartment was empty and my drink was now warm.  Actually that was a pretty easy job.  It was obvious that someone has been in there not too long ago.  Many of the engine mounting bolts have been replaced.  I can't tell anything about the condition of the engine yet, all I can say is it is pretty packed with crud.  I think the engine and I are going to have a little "come to pressure washer" meeting tonight.  The engine being out will certainly make it easier to paint inside the engine compartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment